$75 Calcium Scoring Special (a $99 value)
Offer valid for tests scheduled Feb. 1 to Feb. 28, 2013.
Minimum Age: 45 for both men and women
Maximum Age: 75 for both men and women
Calcium Scoring looks for calcified plaque in the coronary arteries. This plaque is a marker for atherosclerosis, the hardening of arteries that leads to heart attacks. As more plaque builds up, arteries can become more narrowed, and the risk for a heart attack increases. In minutes, our state-of-the-art CT scanner produces images of your coronary arteries, and the calcium that may lie inside. More importantly, the scanner produces a picture of your future risk for heart disease, while there’s still time to do something about it.
* Cardiac risk assessment with a nurse practitioner available the same day upon request or results will be sent to the ordering provider.
(If you have a lipid profile in the last 6 months, please bring it with you. Otherwise we will do a fasting fingerstick test that day for a nominal fee).
In order to qualify for the exam, you must have two of the following risk factors for heart disease.
- You are male and over 45 years old.
- You are female and over 55 years old, or you have passed menopause or had your ovaries removed and are not taking estrogen.
- Your father or brother had a heart attack before age 55, or your mother or sister had one before the age of 65
- You smoke or you live/work with someone who smokes daily.
- You have a cholesterol level of 240 mg/ dL or higher
- You’ve been told your blood pressure is high
- You do not exercise on a regular basis for at least 30 minutes
- You’re 20 pounds or more overweight
- You have diabetes or you need medicine to control your blood sugar.
The exam is not for individuals who already have heart disease, have symptoms of heart disease such as chest pain or shortness of breath, or a prior positive calcium score.
Call (515) 633-3600 today to schedule your appointment.