Heart Rhythm Center
Iowa Heart Center electrophysiologists treat patients with abnormal heart rhythms, called arrhythmias. Treatment options range from medications and implantable pacemakers and defibrillators, to ablation therapy to eliminate the source of irregular heartbeats.
Iowa Heart implants more pacemakers and defibrillators, and does more ablation procedures than any group in Iowa. Its electrophysiologists are also leaders, nationally, in evaluating new devices and treatment options for their patients.
We offer a variety of highly specialized approached to heart-rhythm problems including:
- Atrial Fibrillation – Afib is the most common arrhythmia. Our team of electrophysiologists cardiologists, cardiac surgeons, imaging specialists and specially trained nurses and researchers, use the latest advances in the diagnosis and treatment of atrial fibrillation including the latest medications, cardioversion, ablation and surgical procedures.
- Remote monitoring – These sophisticated devices help diagnose arrhythmias that come and go. New implantable devices are also available to help physicians monitor volume changes in the heart for those with heart failure and provide ongoing monitoring for those with complex arrhythmias or devices
- Device Clinics – Our physicians and nurses perform over 20,000 device checks each year to monitor the function of implanted devices.
- Medical Management and Follow-up – Our team of care providers manage patients with arrhythmias, using the most current medical regimens available.
- Pacemaker and ICD devices – Iowa Heart Center electrophysiologist have vast experience in the implantation of devices and offer a full range of the newest devices available to provide individualized treatment for many irregular heart rhythms
- Biventricular pacers – This treatment helps improve left ventricular function, in patients with heart failure. It also complements pacemaker and ICD therapy used to treat arrhythmias associated with heart failure.
- Advanced mapping and ablation therapy – in state-of-the-art electrophysiology labs for atrial fibrillation and ventricular tachycardia.
Electrophysiology consultations and procedures are available at our offices adjacent to Mercy, and Mercy West Lakes medical centers in Des Moines, Mary Greeley Medical Center in Ames, and Trinity Regional Medical Center in Fort Dodge.
The experience and skill of our Heart Rhythm Center staff make us a leader in the diagnosis and treatment of patients with atrial fibrillation, ventricular tachycardia, Wolfe Parkinson White syndrome, flutter and other abnormal heart rhythms
To learn more about the Heart Rhythm Center, contact us online or call 877.914.3600.
- Anticoagulation Clinic
- Cardiac Surgery
- Clinical Cardiology
- Congestive Heart Failure Clinic
- Diagnostic Imaging
- Heart Rhythm Center
- Interventional Cardiology
- Iowa Heart Mobile Imaging
- Iowa Vascular Institute
- Medication Assistance Program
- Preventive Cardiology Center
- Research Center
- Sleep Center
- Thoracic Surgery
- Valve Clinic
- Vein Center at Iowa Heart
- Atrial Fibrillation
- Heart Block
- Heart Palpitations
- Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy
- Sick Sinus Syndrome