The Iowa Heart Center Foundation hosts an annual Run for Your Life event every August to raise awareness of heart disease and fund placements of automatic external defibrillators (AEDs) in Iowa communities.
The money received from registration fees and additional donations from this event help us further cardiac health awareness in Iowa with 100% of donated funds remaining in Iowa. Donations of $100 or more submitted by the start of the event will receive a “Run For Your Life” medal. Donations of at least $250 by start of the event will be entered into a drawing.
The 12th Annual Run For Your Life run/walk event will be held on Saturday, August 24, 2019, at Des Moines Water Works Park. On-line registration and brochure will be available in Spring, 2019.
- Early bird registration!
- Earn a medal!
- Medals awarded to top 3 finishers in each age and gender group in the 10K /5K runs.
- Medals awarded to all youth (14 & under).
- Medals awarded to those donating or collecting donations of at least $100 by start of event.
- Collect Donations totaling $250 or more to be entered into drawing at the event.
- Carlisle Cheer Squad will cheer participants to the finish line!
- AED Access For All representatives will be on hand to demonstrate Hands-Only CPR and use of an AED.
If you would like to volunteer for the event, please contact the Iowa Heart Center Foundation at 515-633-3555. All volunteers are greatly appreciated!