The Iowa Heart Center Foundation hosts an annual Run for Your Life event every August to raise awareness of heart disease and fund placements of automatic external defibrillators (AEDs) in Iowa communities.
The money received from registration fees and additional donations from this event help us further cardiac health awareness in Iowa with 100 % of donated funds remaining in Iowa. Donations of $100 or more submitted by the start of the event will receive a “Run For Your Life” medal. Donations of at least $250 by start of the event will be entered into a drawing.
The 11th Annual Run For Your Life run/walk event was held on Saturday, August 25, 2018, at Des Moines Water Works Park. Please note the brochure pdf for further details. On-line registration was available at http://getmeregistered.com/IHFRunForYourLife.
- Early bird registration as part of a team with team name on t-shirt
- Earn a medal!
- Medals awarded to top 3 finishers in each age and gender group in the 10K /5K runs.
- Medals awarded to all youth (14 & under).
- Medals awarded to those donating or collecting donations of at least $100 by start of event.
- Collect Donations totaling $250 or more to be entered into drawing at the event.
- Carlisle Cheer Squad will cheer participants to the finish line!
- AED Access For All representatives will be on hand to demonstrate Hands-Only CPR and use of an AED.
Proceeds generated from this event were donated to the Iowa Heart Foundation to support the placement of AEDs in Iowa organizations that show a need. Since 2008, AEDs have been placed in 62 Iowa organizations. Event details, the event brochure and on-line registration may be found on the Iowa Heart Foundation website at www.iowaheartfoundation.org.
Please contact Cindy Conroy, Iowa Heart Foundation program coordinator, at (515) 633-3555 or email@example.com, if you have any questions or would like to volunteer. Volunteers are greatly appreciated!