Thank you for selecting MercyOne Iowa Heart Center as your cardiology care provider of choice.
It is important to note that the clinics listed below are hospital provider-based outpatient departments of MercyOne Des Moines Medical Center. Please see our PROVIDER-BASED HOSPITAL OUTPATIENT BILLING INFO
MercyOne Iowa Heart Center Des Moines
411 Laurel Street, Suites A250 & 1225
Des Moines, IA 50314
MercyOne Iowa Heart Center West Des Moines
5880 University Ave.
West Des Moines, IA 50266
MercyOne Iowa Heart Center Ankeny
800 E. First St., Ste 2600
Ankeny, IA 50021
MercyOne Ames Sleep Center
1816 Philadelphia Street
Ames, IA 50010
All registration is now completed electronically!
You will receive a text message and/or email from us five days prior to your appointment. Follow the prompts and complete your registration prior to arriving in the clinic! If you choose not to complete your registration prior to arrival, you will be asked to complete it in the clinic on either an electronic pad or your cell phone.
During registration you will be asked the following:
- Provide a current insurance card.
- Provide your copayment for your visit (if applicable).
- Sign our Billing and Insurance Policy â€“ this simply allows us to automatically file your insurance you have on file at the time of service. You will be asked to sign this every year.
- Fill out our Release of Information or HIPPA Form â€“ this allows you to designate certain individuals that you agree to let Iowa Heart communication with regarding your medical care. You will be asked to verify this every 2 weeks.
Iowa Heart Center requests payment at time of service. If you are unable to provide the payment in whole, payment plans (Spanish) are available.
Iowa Heart Center accepts personal checks, cash, credit and debit cards.
For your convenience you can save a card on file at the time of registration.
- Most insurance policies require patients to pay a deductible and percentage of the remaining cost of services (co-payments). If possible, we will inform you of the approximate amount you will owe, and arrange for payments.
- Iowa Heart Center accepts personal checks, cash, MasterCard, Visa and Discover.
- If you have an online web account with us, you may pay your bill online. (Ensure you register your account as a patient and not a normal web user.)
- Iowa Heart Center will bill Medicare on your behalf for services rendered.
- For your convenience, your supplemental carrier will be billed for any balance following Medicare's payment.
- It is the responsibility of the patient to cover any applicable deductibles, co-payments or other amounts not paid by Medicare or your supplemental insurance.
- Iowa Heart Center will bill Medicaid on your behalf for services rendered.
- It is the responsibility of the patient to verify covered and non-covered services and/or any additional requirements associated with your individual coverage.
- You are responsible for all co-payments.
- Iowa Heart Center will bill your insurance carrier on file at the time of service. If improper or inaccurate insurance information was provided, you will be responsible for payment of your entire account.
- It is the responsibility of the patient to check with your insurance provider to ensure all Iowa Heart Center services are in-network and covered under your insurance plan.
- It is the responsibility of the patient to follow your employer's process for work related injuries.
- As a courtesy, Iowa Heart Center will bill your employer for work compensation visits, but will not become involved in disputes between you and your company.
Third Party Liability
- If you have been injured in some manner, whether automobile accident, fall, etc., another party may have some legal responsibility for your injuries. Iowa Heart Center will bill on your behalf to the carrier you provide.
- If you are a Medicare or Medicaid recipient, health care laws require that we bill the liability carrier first, then Medicare or Medicaid.
- If you have an online bill pay account, you may view your statements online. (Ensure you register your account as a patient and not a normal web user.)
- As a service to our patients, Iowa Heart Center will automatically file the insurance on file at the time of your appointment.
- The insurance carrier will send an explanation of benefits to you explaining what they have paid and what the patient's portion is to pay.
- After the insurance company has paid their portion of the bill:
- You will receive a statement from Iowa Heart Center.
- This statement will be mailed to the person responsible for payment, or the guarantor as indicated in your chart. You will also receive an e-statement via the email address on file.
- You can either pay your bill by mailing in a check, going to our website or click the pay now on your e-statement.
- Any balance pending with your insurance carrier will not be represented on the billing statement.
- Statements are mailed/emailed every 28 days.
- Payments received from you are posted to the oldest balance first.
- Once a charge is paid in full the item will drop off the statement.
- If you are unable to pay the balance in full, please call our customer service number to set-up a payment plan or arrange at your next appointment during your registration.
- Accounts that become delinquent may be forwarded to an outside collection agency for further action.
IF YOU RECEIVE EITHER INPATIENT OR OUTPATIENT HOSPITAL SERVICES YOU WILL RECEIVE A SEPARATE BILL FROM THE HOSPITAL. IOWA HEART CENTER BILLS FOR THE PHYSICIAN SERVICES ONLY.
MercyOne Iowa Heart Center has trained financial counselors available to discuss your individual needs for:
- Questions regarding being un-insured
- Starting a payment plan
- Reviewing your eligibility for our financial assistance program
- Paying your balance
- Questions regarding your balance
- Many more
If you have any questions or concerns regarding your billing or financial arrangements, please contact Customer Services at (515) 633-3800 or toll free at (888) 884-8286.